IMG_8821.JPG

" FREE VISUAL INSPECTION "
 
 
 
TN Charter #4410 

 
HomeCOMING SOONFACTSSERVICES OFFERED

CERTIFIED BY :

DOES YOUR HOME HAVE THE SICK HOUSE SYNDROME?

Mold is a very toxic fungi that can be lurking in your home or business causing a number of illnesses to you and your family! No type of mold should be ignored, especially Stachybotrys. There are over 1000 species of mold that are common in the U.S. Some of the most common found are Cladosporium, Penicillium and Aspergillus. Mold is more likely to grow where there is water or dampness, such as bathrooms, basements and crawlspaces.
The most common overexposure to toxic mold is cough, congestion, runny nose, eye irritation headaches and aggravation of asthma.
If you suspect mold in your home or business, or in the process of buying a home, the only sure way to find out what species may be present is to have a Certified Mold Inspector perform an air quality test.

.  

WHAT IS MOLD?

The fungus kingdom consists of eukaryotic organisms. Fungi are subdivided into four phyla based on their reproduction mode: ascomycetes, basidiomycetes, zygomycetes and mitosporic fungi.

The word "mold" is a non-scientific term that in popular parlance generally refers to members of a few dozen filamentous fungi. Such fungi are often visible as colonies on food and building materials, appearing on close inspection as mulicellular filaments called "hyphae". Mold growth on building material surfaces can influence air quality because both spores and mycelial fragments are dispersed into the air and can be inhaled, dependingon their size.

Three features of mold biochemistry are of special interest in terms of human health. First, mold cell walls contains (1->3)-B-D-glucan, a compound with inflammatory properties. Second, spores and mycelial fragments contain allergens, few of which have been chemically charaterized. Many of theknown fungal allergens are serine proteases, or proteins, which are present in fairly high concentrations in the spores. These have been described mainly from work done in phylloplane species and ASPERGILLUS fumigatusThird, spores of some species contain low molecular weight chemicals that are cytotoxic or have other toxic properties produced by STACHYBOTRYS chartarumSome molds, such as ASPERGILLUS fumigatuscancause opportunistic infection in immunocompromised individuals and severe allergic diseases in people with underlying respiratory conditions, such as asthma or cystic. 
 
HOW CAN MOLDS EFFECT MY HEALTH?

If you have allergies or asthma, you may experience skin rash and itching, running nose, eye irritation, cough, congestion, and aggravation of asthma. Also, if you have an immune suppression or underlying lung disease, you may be at increased risk for infections from molds. 

Just because you live in a dry climate, don't think you're off the hook. You may experience a reduced incidence of mold growth, but by no means is your environment immune to infestation. 

Severe effects 

Some researches believe more serious effects may result from mold exposure, including fever, flu-like symptoms, fatigue, respiratory dysfunction (including coughing-up blood), frequent and excessive nose bleeds, dizziness, headaches, diarrhea, vomiting, and liver damage. Severe reactions may also occur among workers exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, such as farmers working around moldy hay. Such symptoms may disappear when exposure to mold no longer exists. Other health problems may be permanent 

Some people reportedly have taken extreme measures to combat severe mold reactions. One California family claimed that exposure to mold infestation caused a number of their illnesses, including respiratory problems, nose bleeds and rashes. They burned their home to the ground, believing that it would cost less to simply rebuild than to remove the mold. In Texas, a couple’s 11,500 square-foot home was quarantined after molds were thought to have caused stomach problems, diarrhea, vomiting, severe respiratory scarring, and other illnesses in their son, as well as severe memory loss in the husband, ultimately resulting in his inability to work. 

Microbial volatile organic compounds 

Substances known as microbial volatile organic compounds (mVOCs) are another source of health problems caused by mold exposure. These compounds are produced by fungal metabolism and are released directly into the air, often giving off strong or unpleasant odors. Exposure to mVOCs from molds can irritate the eyes and respiratory system and cause headaches, dizziness, fatigue, nasal irritation and nausea. It's important to realize that research in this area is still in the early stages. 

Mycotoxins 

When necessary, some resourceful molds produce toxins in defense against other molds and bacteria called mycotoxins. Depending on exposure level, these mycotoxins may cause toxic effects in people, also. Some symptoms may include fatigue, nausea, headaches, and respiratory and eye irritation If you or your family members have health problems that you suspect are caused by exposure to mold, you should consult with your physician. 

Is there a test to determine f I have been exposed to mold?
 
 Some physicians recommend testing for mold-specific antibodies. The presence of antibodies only indicates that you have been exposed to a substance at some time. However, it does not tell you when you were exposed, where the exposure took place, or how much of the mold you were exposed to. Having a positive test for mold-specific antibodies alone is generally not sufficient to prove that any health effects were in fact caused by exposure to mold. 

Are there any medical tests available to determine if I am allergic to mold? 

There are medical tests to determine if you are allergic to a particular substance, such as mold. These can be performed on skin or blood, although skin tests are considered more reliable, yield results more quickly, are less expensive than blood tests and are generally considered more sensitive. Skin testing may be recommended for individuals with year-round symptoms thought to be caused by an indoor allergy. 

The RAST (radioallergosorbent) test is a blood test that detects levels of antibodies to particular allergens. The test is expensive to perform, and results are usually not available for about two weeks. 

What type of doctor should I see concerning mold exposure? 

You should first consult a family or general health care provider who will decide whether you need referral to a specialist. Such specialists might include an allergist who treats patients with mold allergies or an infectious disease physician who treats mold infections.i If an infection is in the lungs, a pulmonary physician might be recommended. Patients who have been exposed to molds in their workplace may be referred to an occupational physician.

****************100% Financing with 0% interest available****************
Sources: Washington State Department of Health; California Research Bureau, California State Library; National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention; Illinois Department of Public Health

Edit Text

 

Mr. Ervin is certified by NAMP - ( National Association of Mold Professionals ) as a mold inspection and remediation expert. Mr. Ervin has over 27 years experience in the fungi removal field. Please call to schedule a free inspection. 

 TN DEPT. of AGRICULTURE CHARTER # 4410

TN HOME IMPROVEMENT LIC.# 6108

*******100% Financing with 0% interest available*******

banner3.jpg
trey.JPG

IMG_4454.GIF

 *CALL FOR FREE INSPECTON :
KNOX - (865) 524.1227
SEVIER - (865) 453.1880
MARYVILE/ALCOA - (865) 981.1555
GRAINGER - (865) 993.0910
HAMBLEN - (423) 585.8448
GREENEVILLE/TRI-CITIES - (423) 638.6584
TOLL FREE - (866) 721.MOLD
*HOME & BUSINESS OWNERS ONLY 
*RENTERS MUST HAVE OWNER CONTACT US FOR FREE INSPECTION
OFFICE MANAGER
197.JPG
MARY ERVIN

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

** Free Inspection Request Form**
         
         (NO RENTERS PLEASE)

 
First Name
Last Name
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
City
State
Zip Postal Code
Telephone Number
Email Address
YOUR CONCERNS :
Best time to call

photo.JPG

HOME OFFICE & TRAINING FACILITY

image021.jpg
CLICK HERE!
IMG_4394.JPG
IMG_4400.JPG
IMG_4359.GIF
nomold173.jpg

Logo-NAMP.gif

IMG_4445.JPG

AgencyLogo1.jpg

IMG_4431.JPG